With so many people getting news & info from social networks, we thought it prudent to see which Aboriginal politicians and groups are capitalizing on this trend and using Twitter to get their message out.
Of the five Aboriginal elected Members of Parliament in the House of Commons, only three are on Twitter:
- Leona Aglukkaq (Inuit), CON – @leonaaglukkaq
- Rod Bruinooge (Metis), CON – @rodbruinooge
- Rob Clarke (First Nations), CON – @Rob_Clarke_MP
Of the six Aboriginal people in the Senate, only one is on Twitter:
- Patrick Brazeau (First Nations), CON - @TheBrazman
And in the realm of national Aboriginal political groups, just three have active Twitter accounts:
- Assembly of First Nations (AFN) - @AFN_Updates
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (ITK) - @ITK_CanadaInuit
- Native Women’s Association of Canada (NWAC) – @NWAC_CA
There you have it.